Our Global Network is dedicated to funding research and health education programmes into the links between food, nutrition, physical activity, body fatness and cancer risk.
Mothers to breastfeed; children to be breastfed1
Public health goal
- The majority of mothers to breastfeed exclusively, for six months2,3
- Aim to breastfeed infants exclusively2 up to six months and continue with complementary feeding thereafter3
1. Breastfeeding protects both mother and child
2. 'Exclusively' means human milk only, with no other food or drink, including water
3. In accordance with the UN Global Strategy on Infant and Young Child Feeding
For more details see Chapter 12 in our resource downloads section.