Our Global Network is dedicated to funding research and health education programmes into the links between food, nutrition, physical activity, body fatness and cancer risk.
Second Expert Report: Contents
You can view, download or buy the Second Expert Report and you can download graphics from the Report for slide presentations.
Download the full report, or an overview of the report contents is shown below from which you can download individual chapters.
Contents of the Report
Part 1: Provides background to the Report and describes the process by which the evidence was reviewed by the SLR centres and judged by the Expert Panel
- Chapter 1: International variations and trends
- Chapter 2: The cancer process
- Chapter 3: Judging the evidence
Part 2: Presents evidence for foods and drinks, physical activity and growth development and body composition as well as for each cancer type. It also presents evidence on the determinants of obesity, evidence for cancer survivors and findings of other reports on other diseases
- Chapter 4: Foods and drinks
- Chapter 5: Physical activity
- Chapter 6: Body composition, growth, and development
- Chapter 7: Cancers
- Chapter 8: Determinants of weight gain, overweight and obesity
- Chapter 9: Cancer survivors
- Chapter 10: Findings of other reports
- Chapter 11: Research issues
Part 3: Presents the 10 Recommendations for Cancer Prevention
View corrections to the Second Expert Report identified since the publication in 2007.
Systematic literature reviews
- Food, nutrition, physical activity and the prevention of cancer (systematic literature reviews are available for cancers of mouth, pharynx and larynx, nasopharynx, oesophagus, lung, stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, liver, colon and rectum, breast, ovary, endometrium, cervix, prostate, kidney and skin, as well as colorectal polyps)
- Cancer survivorship
- Determinants of weight gain, overweight and obesity
- Other authoritative reports
All SLRs were updated in June 2006 with the exception of Other Authoritative Reports which was prepared in 2005. All SLRs are being updated on a rolling basis as part of the Continuous Update Project. So far, updated SLRs have been published for breast, colorectal, pancreatic and encometrial cancers.
The summaries give an overview of the key issues contained within the Report, the process, the synthesis of the scientific evidence, and the resulting judgements and recommendations.
You can view, download or buy the Second Expert Report Summary in the languages shown.